Graphics problem in 2.7 but not in 2.6

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 26 10:42:33 EST 2006

James Hurley wrote:
>  I have just recently been working with RR 2.7 (on Mac OS 10.4.8) and
>  found that certain graphics routines which worked well in 2.6 are
>  much slower or fail altogether in 2.7

>Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>My hunch is it's the new antialiasing, which is on by default for
>graphic objects in v2.7.
>
>If you turn the antialias property to false in the templateGraphic
>before running routines which create new graphics, my hunch is you'll
>find speed more on par with earlier non-antialiased versions.
>
>--
>   Richard Gaskin
>   Fourth World Media Corporation

Thanks Richard. That was indeed the problem.

I don't know whether this would be considered a problem, but there is
apparently an upper limit on the number of graphics points that
RunRev will tolerate in an antialiased figure.

In the following handler, the graphic disappears about i = 250.  The
point limit may be about 500 or so.

Jim

on mouseUp
   put 200 into r
   put 300 into x0
   put 300 into y0
   --Delete existing graphics
   repeat with i = the number of graphics down to 1
     delete graphic i
   end repeat
   set the style of the templateGraphic to "line"
   set the antialiased of the templateGraphic to "true"
   put x0,y0 into tCenterPoint
   put "ray" into tName
   if there is no grc tName then create grc tName

   --The following loop chokes at i = 250 when the antialiased is on.
   --Interesting moire patters when the antialiased is on--gone when off.

   repeat with i = 1 to 360
     put x0 + round(r * cos(i*pi/180)) into x
     put y0 + round(r * sin(i*pi/180)) into y
     put x,y into tRadialPoint
     put tCenterPoint & cr & tRadialPoint & cr after tPoints
     set the points of grc tName to tPoints
     --Force a screen refresh
     unlock screen
   end repeat

   --To see the figure set the antialiased to false
   set the antialiased of grc tName to false
   beep
end mouseUp