Bugzilla down - Revzilla loses its mind

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Dec 23 13:55:06 EST 2006

Bill-

> The main problem is: a reporting tool integrated into the IDE cannot wholly
> take the place of the web site... simply because if there is a problem that

I don't think anyone is suggesting that this happen. What *is* fairly
clear at this point, though, is that the rev team doesn't use revzilla
for bug^H^H^Hquality management or else they'd have integrated the
rollout with simultaneous revzilla changes. And that says a lot to me.

> To be very open about it, a lot of decisions about the launch were made in
> the last 72 hours, and communications weren't ideal. I think there were
> assumptions made on everyone's part about what would happen when and who
> knew what and how far along things were. The result is that we had three
> problems marring the launch:

I see a pattern here. I'm not getting on *your* case particularly
here, but much the same thing happened with the last web site revision
when 2.7 was prematurely announced. Methinks the developers and the
web team don't talk to each other very often. There are still things
about the web site that haven't been fixed from that previous change,
(just try and find downloadable engines or bugzilla or anything about
the educational market) and there are some broken links now
(newsletter archives, for example).

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net