[OT] Re: What's Up With RevCon West?

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Fri Dec 22 18:02:34 EST 2006

I vote for Kentucky! No - how about Vieanna, or Belrin, London, or Istanbul?

More seriously can we not have a "networked conference" - that is smaller
local and more personal and low cost spaces for real space meet ups - but
conected online where talks can be screened? From a community point of view
more of us could attend, and from a promotional point of view the emphasis
on online and media rich Rev based content would be more effective than any
real space event.

I'm organising a few of these events in the Spring - between Germany and
USA, possibly involving a number of other centres in the University setting.
The aim is to use what the US called Internet2 -
http://international.internet2.edu/partners/ so that video can be shared
transparently between sites. Linking in with this and Josh's suggestion...