What's Up With RevCon West?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Dec 21 15:21:05 EST 2006

Lynn,

Instead of reacting defensively, all you need to is say 'my bad, we made a
mistake'. A quick apology is something which is a handy tool for those who
hang their hat on building 3rd party relationships.

This is no big deal.

I had mentioned earlier to Dan we should just announce to the community we
would not be hosting RevConWest this year, but he was adamant about
coordinating our announcement with RunRev, in the best interests of the
community. As you know, we have had a  tough time financially supporting
RevCon, especially with meager support from RR (I know they did their best).

After Dan contacted RR, we were told to 'hold off on announcing until we
have our plans in place'-- which was fine. The slip in the newsletter of
course gave it all away -- which is somewhat confusing as my latest article
on altSQLite has been gone over time and time again by your editors-- so
much so it's no longer going to be run.

For those interested in the 'lost' altSQLite article for the Rev Newsletter,
you can check it out here:

<http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/altSQLiteNewsletterColumn.htm>

I've always felt we hosted a high quality conference without cutting too
many corners. I hope you all do as good a job or better with your
conference-- if you don't we may have to 'try again.' ;-)

best regards,

Chipp