Windows titlebar question

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Dec 20 12:33:18 EST 2006

Recently, jbv wrote:

> Is it possible to remove the standard ugly blue Windows border
> around a stack while keeping the title bar (with title, close box, etc),

Really the only way to do this is to create your own titlebar/frame and
controls.  The only "gotcha" I've personally run into is if someone changes
screen resolution while running your stack, window dragging coordinates can
get messed up.  But with 2.7 we now have desktopChanged message that can be
checked to help address this.

Recently, Richmond Mathewson wrote:

> because unlike Windows, Linux offers a tremendous
> variety of Window
> managers and a large amount of Themes for each Window
> manager.

While not an answer to JBV's question, I'm not sure how you can imply there
are not a large number of themes for Windows.  5 minutes of search will
arrive at these few:

<http://www.wincustomize.com/index.aspx?c=1>
<http://www.themexp.org/listings.php?type=vs&view=date&proddesc=XP%20Visual%
20Styles>