CPU timings

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Wed Dec 20 08:55:45 EST 2006

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 14:17:39 -0600, "J. Landman Gay"
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Isn't a Pentium III/800Mhz a pretty old machine? Anyone know what's
> "average" out there in PC land? That is, if you were going to aim
> for a
> generic speed, what hardware would you use as a best-guess value?

Can I suggest that you look at the Dell web site? This will give you
the range of PC processor speeds that are being offered right now by
a major player to the great American public. My own machines are a
bit long in the tooth, but they are certainly somewhere in the GHz
range, so I think I agree with your judgement about the Pentium.

HTH

Graham