Solstice salutations!

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 16:29:37 EST 2006

I really believe the people who are really
"hyper-sensitive,
criticism-aware" are those with some sort of slightly
unpleasant axes to grind. As I am not particularly
insecure or worried that other people's points of view
are going to dent my belief system I can take all the
"Happy Ramadans", "Happy Diwalis" "Happy Christmases",
"Happy Janmashtamis" and so on that are wished to me -
and in every case I take it as I assume it is
delivered; in a spirit of love and genuine good
wishes. (And, if these wishes are delivered in a
spirit other than that of love and so on, that is
surely a problem for the wisher and not for me).

For various rather complicated reasons (which I am
neither going to explain nor justify) I think that
Jesus was "a good egg" and, as such would like to
extend (admittedly 6 days early) my best wishes to one
and all on one of the days on which people celebrate
his birthday.

And for those who cannot fathom what I mean by that:

Happy Christmas!

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

"Its time to do Philosophy and stop worrying about what dead men said."
                                                                                           Mathewson 2006