[OT] SheepShaver and printing...

Jim Carwardine JimCarwardine at OwnYourFuture-net.com
Mon Dec 18 22:05:28 EST 2006

Ken Ray, I have another question about running SheepShaver.

I needed to install a printer driver for my printer (Canon I860 USB inkjet),
so I downloaded the OS 9 driver from the Canon web site using Explorer from
inside SheepShaver.  After I installed it, I could see it in the Chooser but
when I selected it, it couldn't find a port.  Nothing showed on the right
hand side of the Chooser window.  When I select Page Setup, it shows the
i860 dialogue but when I close the dialogue box, it tells me that I need to
choose a printer from the Chooser.

When I installed OS 9 in SheepShaver, I used OS 9.0 but it still can handle
USB.  Is there something special I need to do to allow USB access?

I also have a Brother MFC 7820N laser printer that is networked to my
computer.  Would that be a better choice because I might then use one of the
already installed Apple printer drivers to run it?

Jim
--

www.TalentSeeker.ca   www.HiringSmart.ca/ns   www.KeepingTheBest.ca/ns
<http://www.OwnYourFuture-net.com>

Own Your Future Consulting Services Limited,
23 Shoal Cove Road, Seabright, Nova Scotia, Canada.  B3Z 3A9
Phone: 902-823-2339. Fax: 902-823-2139