Copy group to new stack

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 18 15:25:50 EST 2006

--- Henk van der Velden <henk at iglow-media.nl> wrote:
> Good day all,
>
> Here is a link to a stack that creates a new stack,
> creates an extra
> card in that stack and then copies a group of text
> fields into that
> new card.
> Something strange happens: the contents of an
> editable field are not
> copied.
>
> As you can see in this stack, all works OK if you
> don't create an
> extra card. But as soon as you create one, the
> copying fails.
> Can anyone tell me what's going on here?
>
> The stack can be downloaded here:
> http://www.iglow-media.nl/xchange/
> CopyToNewStack.zip
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Henk

Hi Henk,

Without having looked at your stack, I remember having
the odd problem with background fields and their
content not getting copied over when copying the
field.
This has to do with the 'text' property being split
among cards (unless your field has the 'sharedText'
property set to true, in which case the text is the
same on all cards that share the field).

You'll have to explicitly go to the card befor copying
it to your other stack. The same goes for using the
'value' function to pick up data from a field in a
background group.
See also bugzilla #1836 and #3827.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.