Socket timeout interval

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Dec 18 11:52:22 EST 2006

On Dec 17, 2006, at 7:44 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> It's a DSL connection. He's not a novice so entering a number
> wouldn't be too much problem for him (thouugh it might be for some
> other users.) Apparently his line was flakey for a while and he had
> the DSL provider out to repair it recently. I thought that would
> solve the problem (which has been very long-standing,) but it still
> times out on him even so. Of course, anything I do for this person
> probably won't generalize to anyone else, but I was sort of hoping
> I could come close.

I haven't read all of the posts on this so maybe this was asked
already but have you tried just connecting again a couple of times
when a timeout occurs up to a maximum number?  I made my download
library a while ago but I seem to remember that just trying to
reconnect again worked for those rare occasions when a timeout occurred.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com
trevor at bluemangolearning.com