From Lingo to Transcript

revolution at duncansoftware.com revolution at duncansoftware.com
Sun Dec 17 22:31:17 EST 2006

I have an existing program created in Director that I am porting to Revolution.

At a certain point in the program, data is posted to a CGI script which sends out 2 emails. One of the emails gets its addresses
from the CGI script itself. They are hard coded into the script. The other email gets its addresses and data from the info that is
posted. It works fine in the Director version, but I am having trouble getting the port to work.

Here is the functioning Lingo version:

vto = "jdoe at 123.com"
vfrom = "jsmith at xyz.com"
vsubject "Quiz Results"
vbody = "Your Quiz Results"
propList = [#vto: vto, #vfrom: vfrom, #vsubject: vsubject, #vbody: vbody]
thisNetId = postNetText (thisURL, propList)

Here is my nonfunctional Transcript version:

put "jdoe at 123.com" into vto
put  "jsmith at xyz.com" into vfrom
put "Quiz Results" into vsubject
put "Your Quiz Results" into vbody
post (vto && vfrom && vsubject && vbody) to URL "http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/mailer.cgi"
put it

The "it" variable comes back with "No recipient addresses found in header".

The error, I expect, is in the format that I am sending the string in the post command. The command is reaching the cgi script
because the hard coded email is being sent but the second with the posted data is not.

Sorry for all of the pseudo data in the scripts, I have signed a bucket of NDAs.

Stu