CGI

Dan Shafer dan at shafermedia.com
Sun Dec 17 20:07:01 EST 2006

Mark,

Any of several things could cause what you're seeing. My first guess in such
situations is always that the line endings in the file you create in
TextEdit are not set to Unix-style line endings but are rather Mac line
endings. That's one of many reasons I use BBEdit for such files rather than
TextEdit. I assume you have TextEdit set to create text rather than RTF but
even if you do, I think TextEdit does not normally produce Unix-style line
endings.

If that's not the problem, post a reply and we can do some further detective
work.

Dan