Problem with BinaryEncode and variable params

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Sun Dec 17 19:48:52 EST 2006

Bryan, on my system, (Rev 2.7.4, Mac OS X 10.4.7, Pbook G4)

on mouseUp
   put 12 into c1
   put 121 into c2
   put 76 into c3
   put binaryEncode("CCCC",0,c1,c2,c3) into tBin

   put empty into b0
   put empty into b1
   put empty into b2
   put empty into b3
   get binaryDecode("CCCC",tBin,b0,b1,b2,b3)
   put b0 && b1 && b2 && b3
end mouseUp

puts "0 12 121 76" into the message box, without any error, exactly
as you'd expect....

So I'm as baffled as you are, I'm afraid.

I don't really consider the numToChar method a workaround, it's just
how I have usually dealt with manipulating imageData.

Best,

Mark