Touchscreen Hardware

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Wed Dec 13 12:27:23 EST 2006

Dave,

We use the Elo infrared touch screen technology (they call it
CarrollTouch). We've tried many variations from numerous
manufacturers. This infrared technology is very flexible, accepting
stylus or finger touch, and can be easily adapted to different LCD's.
On the LCD front, we use the Landmark sun-readable screens
(landmarktek.com). They are the brightest and best LCD's for the
money. Sunlight has little or no effect on their readability.

Everything we do in terms of our kiosks is driven by Rev. We
currently run under Windows, but there are Mac drivers available for
the Elo controller boards and they work fine (we've tested them).

You can contact me offline if you want any additional information in
terms of hardware (sound enhancement, credit card processing, power
requirements, long-distance wireless options, etc.).

Richard Miller
Imprinter Technologies