Peculiarity with Animated GIF's

kevin trancepacific at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 05:35:10 EST 2006

Hi all,

I've noticed a cumbersome little problem with animated GIF's in the Mac
version of Rev 2.7.4. If I have an animated GIF as part of a group, and
I set the visible of that group to false for a short time (I am
guessing longer than the time taken for one animation cycle), and then
I show the group, the animation seizes to play. I discovered a
workaround which is to ungroup and then regroup the group with the
screen locked and that seems to solve the issue but only in a
roundabout way. Am I missing something here regarding the handling of
animated GIF's? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Kevin