Branding

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Mon Dec 11 15:57:03 EST 2006

On Dec 9, 2006, at 2:27 PM, Shari wrote:

> I've been approached by someone who desires a specially branded
> version of my software, Blackjack Gold.  Are any of you doing this,
> and if so, how are you handling all the ins, outs, and monies?

Hi Shari,

I do this with one of my products with great success.  Each branded
version shares the same engine, but has a unique interface while
others share a similar interface.  My main thought is to be able to
control the distribution.  You do not have to be the one that moves
the product, just the one that allows it to work.  You can do this
with your registration system.  It sounds like it could all be
controlled over the net.

The end result should be a much larger distribution of your product
with a larger amount being deposited into your account every month. I
would not sell the rights to the product in your case.  If I remember
correctly, you have other game related products that could be used to
tie into each other.  Selling one of those will weaken the overall
strategy to get your current user base to purchase your other
(related) products.  You might consider selling the whole enchilada.
This is the strategy I went with concerning my education software.
Like your gaming software, my ed software would sell each other over
and over to existing customers.  Selling off one at a time would only
weaken the others.

Good luck with this endeavor!

Mark Talluto
--