altSQLite variable substitution

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Dec 10 22:02:42 EST 2006

Hmmm-

I know this has come up on the list before, but I can't find a
resolution for it. I keep getting a syntax error on trying variable
substitution with the altSQLite driver. I've got it down to a simple
case now, and according to my interpretation of the documentation this
should work. Instead I get 'syntax error near ")"'.

Here's the errant line:
revExecuteSQL dbID, "INSERT INTO CDData(id) VALUES(:1)", "tSSN"

and this one works:
revExecuteSQL dbID, "INSERT INTO CDData(id) VALUES(" &tSSN& ")"

so I know there's no problem with either the database format or the
data.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net