Streaming video and Rev

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sun Dec 10 17:08:19 EST 2006

>Sorry. My question wasn't clear. The issue is regarding the sending
>of the videos... not the receiving. What's involved in streaming the
>videos?

Quicktime Broadcaster, a server and some bandwidth (if it's not local
streaming)
I haven't attempted this much yet, but I understand it can be done
with standard Mac XSERVER software...it's the bandwidth, if it's on
the net, that can get costly. the newer apple codecs can keep the
costs down.

>  Is there any role for Rev in that process... i.e., the actually
>streaming of the videos?

I don't know... could it manage a simple live stream....Trevor?

>If not, any recommendations on companies to approach for this?

Apple, apple apple...

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/broadcaster/
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/streamingserver/

good stuff.