preventing deletion of linefeds

Viktoras Didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Wed Dec 6 15:24:15 EST 2006

Thanks!

The story is that once I had lots (around 200 pages) of lengthy tables on
marine species printed in old reports to be fed into a database. Used fine
reader to scan those tables and convert to a tab delimited text. As the
quality of image to text conversion output is not 100%, the task is to fix
these tables. Some records are descriptive and quite lengthy, so I split the
table line into pieces with returns and put them into a separate long field
where each record can be easily seen and edited or merged with the previous
one. I needed to trap deleteKey or backspaceKey messages to prevent
accidental deletions, but allow them if they are explicitly selected.

Thanks for your help :-) and all the best!
Viktoras