ScriptParsingError

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Dec 5 16:13:20 EST 2006

On Dec 5, 2006, at 12:47 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> In general I agree, but from time to time as the language grows I'd
> be willing to accept some deprecated tokens on a case-by-case basis
> if a better solution becomes available.
>
> Have you noticed the effective default value for the
> paintCompression global property was changed some time ago?
>
> To the best of my knowledge this has affected only one person, and
> it was just a one-liner to restore the old behavior.

And what about the person who said "huh, I thought this worked" and
went off to use some other tool without looking into it?

The depreciated and dropped should be publicized and changed in the
dictionary.

I have an old, old compiling checking stack someplace that probably
would have been affected, though I thought it used try-catch so I may
be thinking of something else.  Or it didn't really work.

Dar