Communicate with stepper motors?

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Thu Aug 31 13:08:19 EDT 2006

I was talking with a guy yesterday who said that using Basic you could
use the printer port on Windows to talk to a stepper motor. I know
pretty much nothing about robotics (or communicating through ports for
that matter). Does anyone know if this is possible with Rev? I read
through the docs and could see that one can read from and write data to
com ports and LPT ports, but wouldn't a stepper motor just need
electrical pulses sent to it?

I realize I'm revealing my ignorance to the world here, but any help
would be appreciated.

Marty Knapp