Sending an apple event with custom parameters (BBEdit roundtrip)

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu Aug 31 06:33:41 EDT 2006

Jim Ault <JimAultWins at ...> writes:

> I think you need to think 'misc' 'dosc' with your own data structure and
> content.
>
> Google the following "dosc misc revolution" and look at a couple of the
> archive posts on  our list.
>
> on appleEvent theClass,theID
>    if theClass is "misc" and theID is "dosc" then
>       request appleEvent data
>      put it into thedata

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply - but that's the other end of the round trip.  You're right
that I also need to handle the appleEvent message, in order to receive the
messages from BBEdit when they come in - but I won't be receiving any until I
can send the right command to BBEdit in the first place.

So my question remains, how do I *send* an event with custom parameters?

TIA,

Ben