Applescript question - request cmd

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 15:38:11 EDT 2006

Thanks, Jan,
I already have several utility scripts for doing the Applescript cmd
building.  I found the request command in the Rev reference and thought I
would check it out for simple cases.  Now that I know, I stick with my lib
of wrappers.

BTW, I did find the following link on the Apple site:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/AppleScript/Conceptual/AppleScriptL
angGuide/index.html

then look down near the bottom of the left hand scroll 'menu' for
Error Numbers and Error Messages, then click.

-1708 is <reference> doesn't understand the <commandName> message.
which must mean that Excel does not understand the 'eval' message, like you
said, Jan.

Jim Ault