foreign languages in the script editor

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed Aug 30 13:56:14 EDT 2006

On 30 Aug 2006, at 17:35, Lars Brehmer wrote:

> A question for you pros out there.
>
> I couldn't find much on this in the archives, so I have to ask you
> all now:
>
> Is there a way to use non Roman characters in the script editor?  I
> have a pop-up menu button that gives two language choices for the
> program interface language - Estonian and Russian.  All buttons and
> a few other things have 2 profiles - Estonian and Russian with the
> labels and text in the appropriate language.  The problem seems to
> be that when I put the  Russian choices into the menuPick script it
> doesn't respond. When I switch profiles with the message box, all
> is well.  Is there a workaround for this?  Another way characterize
> the menu choices that are in Russian in the button pop-up?

Off the top of my head and not tested.

Can you store the Russian choices somewhere, for example in a custom
property or hidden field? And in the menuPick script make a
comparison with the stored versions.

For example:

on menuPick pWhichItem

switch
case pWhichItem = line 1 of field "storedItems"
   ##
##etc.

end menuPick

Cheers