the need for hmac-sha1 (was Re: [partly OT?] Amazon S3, EC2, cyborgs)

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon Aug 28 22:18:19 EDT 2006

Not only Amazon S3 but Blogger and some other web services out there
need hmac-sha1 based authentication. Many soap web services need
that. Anyone doing web service works on the client side would benefit
from having hmac-sha1 support. I'd vote for that. I can't do hmac by
hand, but I can do a XSLT subset in about 200 lines! :D

Cheers
andre