Plugin/Lib Structure

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 18:10:50 EDT 2006

On 8/29/06, Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:
> Hey plugin/lib gurus...
>
> I'm looking for feedback regarding the structure of a Rev library -- is it
> acceptable to arrange multiple library stacks as substacks of a single main
> library stack?
>
> I have several library stacks that I would like to store as substacks in a
> single master library stack for ease of management/updating.  Some of the
> substacks must be loaded as frontscripts, the rest are to be loaded as
> backscripts.  Am I facing any issues with this orientation?

I don't think of myself as a plugin guru, but here's my 2 cents worth :-)

If you are using the libraries as front & back scripts, not with
"start using", then they could just be a selection of buttons on a
single stack.

I have an app that uses several stacks that are set as libraries with
"start using". Having each of them as separate stack files makes for
easy updating, but if they were all part of the same stack file, I
would lose that advantage.

So my preference would either be to have multiple front/back script
buttons on a single stack, or to have multiple separate stack files.

Cheers,
Sarah