Skin conductance measurement

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Mon Aug 28 14:54:43 EDT 2006

Don't forget that a Bluetooth interface will also give the maximum
electrical isolation for the subject!!! (that would actually be my
FIRST concern!)

Optoisolators or transformers must be used (it's probably a law)
between a human subject and anything connected to mains-based devices.

That would rule out any DC-scaled sensors (most optoisolators are not
linear) unless they're wired into a data acquisition module at the
patient end. Old systems probably used PWM for output to get through
the isolation.

Isolation and safety should be foremost in medical equipment design. (Duh)

Me? I don't want to write software that can blow up something, hurt
someone or get me sued! ( I guess that also means defense contracts?)

Good luck with your new project. Multiply your estimate of how much
time it will take by 10, unless you can get out-of-the-box products
to do what you want. Interfacing with the noisy, drifting, always
changing Analog world after being in a nice, save, digital-stepped
world can be a bit jarring.

I'd love to have a software-hardware Bluetooth breadboard kit, with
rev XCMDs for all platforms.

[I can dream - or make one!!]

sqb

--