answer files with filter

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 18:45:05 EDT 2006

On 8/25/06, Sarah Reichelt <sarah.reichelt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The "answer file" command usually gets me thoroughly confused, but
> this time, I'm not sure it is able to do what I want.
>
> I want to allow the user to select a text file, but it has to be a
> text file with a name like "Slot45.txt". The number will vary, but it
> has to start with "Slot" and have the ".txt".
>
> Is this possible? I can get it to limit to text files, but is it
> possible to limit the available files to only text files which start
> with "Slot"?

Thanks for the replies, Sean & Rob. I need to keep the files as text
files so they can be imported into a spreadsheet later, so a custom
file type is not an option.

I guess I'll build my own file selector. In the meantime I've gone the
lazy way and allowed selection of any text file, with a file name
check after selection to catch any non-matching files. Since it's only
for in-house use (& mainly by me), this will be OK for now.

Thanks,
Sarah