Steven Axtell saxtell at megavision.com
Sat Aug 26 21:16:52 EDT 2006

I am writing a textbook-like application that consists of text and JPEG figures.  The total size of the application is about 500 KB.  When I launch the application, the first card comes up fast.  When I select a button to bring up a second card, there is a fair amount of delay (about 2 seconds on a Windows Pentium III, 1 GHz, 512 MB machine) before the second card comes up.  It's as though the application is loading into memory at that time.  After that, all of the cards come up fast.  What can I do to get the application to load into memory at launch?  Also, what would I need to do to show a card briefly while the application is loading into memory?

Thanks,
Steve Axtell