Skin conductance measurement

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 24 08:46:57 EDT 2006

I have been wanting to add a skin conductance measure to an old rev
application for a  a long while.  I wanted something portable and cross
platform, and nothing really seemed to fit the bill.  I then came
across the Handwave Bluetooth instrument from MIT.  It is described
here:

http://tinyurl.com/s9l8h

and here

http://tinyurl.com/zg3vf

I think it looks very promising.  The acquisition at the computer end
is handled via Python.  I don't really know much about this, but would
be willing to put a bit of effort into learning, if the curve isn't too
steep, and if there was a reasonable chance of cross platform economy
in the scripts...i.e. little or no messing about with platform specific
stuff.

I remember there used to be some folks on the list with python
experience, as well as physiological hardware experience too.  So, any
thoughts or comments?  Is this likely to be as easy from the software
point of view?  As far as I can see, this is a self build project .....
what kind of expertise would it involve?  And most importantly, how
easy would it be to suck the data into a Rev app?

Best Wishes,

David Glasgow
Carlton Glasgow Partnership

http://www.i-psych.co.uk