Simple Myst-Like Application

Graeme Harlick pinch_from_spock at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 23 22:34:56 EDT 2006

RunRev,

I am building a simple Myst-like point and click of my own cottage, like a
virtual tour.  I have made it a game for the family to enjoy, with sound and
animated gifs to bring the different screens to life.  I am hoping to add a
point system, as where when one finds a hidden screen/pathway/object (lets
say the outhouse), then one gets points added to a Field at the bottom of
the screen.

How and where would I put the code so that the points don't get lost going
from screen to screen, and also what code would I use to set variables so
that users can explore freely and find hidden areas non-sequentially?

Eg. The user (0 pts) moves up to the cottage click by click and scores 10
pts by opening the fridge (10 pts).  The click by click moves all the way
out and down to the first screen (the dock) and clicks on a fishing pole for
another 10 pts (20 pts) and so on.

I am a newbie programmer, and hopefully this one is an easy one.

Thank you,

Graeme