When does Get URL time out?

Howard Bornstein howard.bornstein at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 17:02:19 EDT 2006

I'm using Get URL <url> to access a web page. Sometimes that page comes back
blank. I assume it's because the request timed out before the page contents
was delivered. In this case it's fine because I'm testing to see if the page
is up and responding. But what determines how much time it takes before Rev
returns with blank data as opposed to the contents of the web page?

The docs on URL say:

"All actions that refer to a URL container are blocking: that is, the
handler pauses until Revolution is finished accessing the URL. Since
fetching a web page may take some time due to network lag, accessing URLs
may take long enough to be noticeable to the user."

So if getting the URL is a blocking activity, why does Rev go on at all if
nothing is returned? Is there a way to set the amount of time Rev will wait
before timing out?

--
Regards,

Howard Bornstein