RunRev logos

Garrett Hylltun garrett at paraboliclogic.com
Tue Aug 22 15:44:56 EDT 2006

On Aug 22, 2006, at 2:30 AM, Martin Baxter wrote:

> Garrett Hylltun wrote:
>> On Aug 21, 2006, at 8:30 PM, Jan Schenkel wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> The license still 'encourages' us to place these
>>> logos.
>> Ummmm, without trying to start something here..... You mean that
>> we're suppose to be putting a logo or some credit to Runtime in
>> our apps?
>> -Garrett
>
> In the license agreement, there is a Revolution copyright statement
> that you must include along with your own copyright statements.
> Including the rev logo is optional, but encouraged.

Ok.......  Well that just put the nail in the coffin for me and Rev.
I didn't pay all this damn money so I could put their copyright
statement along with mine on anything I do.  If this was a free
version I was using then I could see doing something like that, even
putting their logo all over it, but not after having to pay so much
money, and continue to pay so much money if I want updates or upgrade/
updates, or whatever they want to call them.

It's buggy, too expensive, price structure that's intended to suck
the blood of it's users, introducing new features, err, bugs in
updates instead of focusing on smashing as many bugs as possible
already in Rev.... On and on and on the list goes why Rev is such a
major disappointment.

I feel like I've been totally ripped off here.  The rest of you can
continue to keep your blinders on and praise it all you want, but for
me, I'm out of here!

-Garrett