MySQL problem(2) ...

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 22 14:10:33 EDT 2006

--- Jean-Pierre Soto <jean-pierre.soto at wanadoo.fr>
wrote:
> Sorry ... I have too big finger ...
>
> I have another problem ...
>
> I can access to any data in the database but when I
> want to see
> complete record one by one, I have just
> FIRST,PREVIOUS,NEXT and LAST
> with built-in manager...
>
> How can I jump to record 100 in one step, see it,
> and go to the next
> record etc...
>
> Thanks ...

Hi Jean-Pierre,

If you're using the Automated queries and database
linked controls, you can use the undocumented command
'revGoToRecordOfQuery'.

If your query is named 'foobar' then use:
##
on mouseUp
  revGoToRecordOfQuery "foobar",100
end mouseUp
##

This will automatically update all the controls linked
to that query.

If you're using revdb library calls , you'll just have
to iterate over the revdb cursor with 'revdb_movenext'
until you get there:
##
on mouseUp
  global gCursorID
  local tCurrentRec
  -- determine where we are in the cursor
  put revdb_currentrecord(gCursorID) into tCurrentRec
  if tCurrentRec < 100 then
    repeat 100 - tCurrentRec times
      get revdb_movenext(gCursorID)
    end repeat
  else
    repeat tCurrentRec - 100 times
      get revdb_moveprev(gCursorID)
    end repeat
  end if
  -- now that we're at the right record, do something
  -- ...
end mouseUp
##

Hope this helped,