OT: The passing of Transcript (was Is there a more English-like Programming language than Transcript?)

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Aug 20 05:23:39 EDT 2006

And transcript is that text doctors get back after they do surgery and
call up a service and give their report over the phone and they get a
transcript sent back to office later. Yep, programming in transcript
must mean Revolution records you dictating your code, then later you
listen to it and if it sounds good, you can transcribe it and poof, it's
magic... you have transcript!

(Sorry, couldn't resist...)

Perl script... Java Script... Revolution Script...

Chat session with tech support at Data Center for web server:

Tech: "I put an example for you in your CGI bin, it's a Perl Script, you
can use that as a model.
Check the paths you need to use in there... BTW, what's that code you
are  using...
looks really cool, so clear and simple. And wow, you
get a lot done in a few lines!"

KT:: "Thanks... That's Transcript"

Tech: "It's what???"

KT: "I mean, its a Revolution script."

Tech: "Oh, right. I see that now in your call  line:
#!usr/local/bin/revolution"