serial port, modem, audio files through modem

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sat Aug 19 14:15:36 EDT 2006

Your roadblock to doing this is not Rev, but interface hardware.
Modem interfaces just can't send back audio in all cases I've seen.
You need something more like an telephone hybrid.

If this is a professional installation, I'd suggest finding an
interface that is designed for the purpose, especially if the audio
is to sound fairly decent. Most modems are designed to listen to
audio only before connect, and not receive audio outside of the usual
mod/demod it does. Rat Shack crap will not really work well, trust me.

I'd search around in the telemarketing and broadcast hardware world
for this. Somebody must make a telephone interface. Find something
that uses a serial interface; proprietary USB hookups may not work
with your app.

Here's some of the best interfaces I've seen:
http://www.bradleybroadcast.com/2001/Telephone.htm

you might contact them and ask for what you need.

--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o