Line numbers in scripteditor?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Aug 17 15:19:52 EDT 2006

William de Smet asked:
> Is it possible to show line numbers in the scripteditor?
> If it is I don't know how to show them.

I have line numbers in a text editor I've been working on in my spare
time, and have considered moving them into my script editor but haven't
yet taken the time because I find I don't use them often myself.

But I'm sure my work habits are peculiar in many respects, and perhaps
I've just lost sight of the value of line numbers.   Do you mind if I
ask how you find them useful?

My script editor is currently tied to the MetaCard IDE, but sooner or
later it'll be self-contained enough to use in any IDE.  Once I can see
the value of adding line numbers it won't take long to include them.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal