Scrolling List Field

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Thu Aug 17 06:16:35 EDT 2006

Is the idea to have both the text name of the chord "Am" with the Am
tab below it? If so, it might be easier to have two fields, one above
the other, and line up the contents using tabStops.

You might be able to avoid a lookup, as such, by having the char you
need for the tab font ('a' in this case) on the same line as "Am" in
the chordList field, tabbed over to the right, so the user doesn't
see it. So the A major and A minor lines in the chord list would be:

A    -tab- A
Am -tab- a
having set the tabStops of fld  "chordList" to 200, or some number of
pixels that puts the second word out of sight.

Then you can get at the respective chord representations by using
'word 1 of value(the selected line of fld "chordList")' or 'word 2 of
value(the selected line of fld "chordList")'.

I'm still not exactly clear on what you want to insert into the main
stack (chords or tabs, chords and tabs, sometimes one or other), but
I'm sure we'll get there...:)

best,

Mark