Menu madness

Robert Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Aug 16 13:02:18 EDT 2006

Yes.

Apparently since Menus are nothing more than a group of buttons in
Revolution that are hidden, Revolution "compensates" for this by
changing the height of the card. I personally think this is a bug. I
would like to be able to set a property that tells Revolution what
the default height for cards in a stack are, and then I can change
that on the fly, but alas, that is not how it is now.

To date I have not heard of any real solution except to include code
in a preopenstack handler that sets the height of the card to what
you want it to be.

Another idea I have been playing with is to create and implement
menus "on the fly", that is build your menus when the stack or card
opens and then set the menu to that group. It's just an idea though.

Also you should consider setting the menu to act as a background so
you do not have to replicate it.

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management