Getting version string for standalone app

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 00:10:02 EDT 2006

On 8/16/06, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
> Devin Asay wrote:
> > I want to be able to dynamically update the version number of my
> > application--the number I assign in the Standalone Application
> > Settings--to display in my app's "About" substack. My idea is to read it
> > from wherever the Standalone Application Settings stack stores it.
>
> What a good idea. I'm going to steal it. :)
>
> > Except after some poking around I wasn't able to find it.
> >
> > So how do I read the version string that I assign in the S.A.S. stack?
> > Or is there some easy, obvious way to read that short version string?
>
> It's in the stacks custom property set "cRevStandaloneSettings". You can
> only see these if "Show UI elements in lists" is turned on in prefs. All
> the versions are in there; OS X, Windows, etc. along with everything
> else. Pick the one you need.

I want to work the other way around. I want to be able to set a
version number in my application and have it transfer this to all the
various settings in the Standalone Builder. So far laziness has won
and I haven't actually done anything about this, but you never know, I
might get there in the end.

Sarah