Scrolling List Field

John Baxter mandozine at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 13:59:24 EDT 2006

Thanks for the help. You guys are great. I've got most everything working
except for the font issue. I have a mainstack with a "TabField". I use this
code:

on openStack
    put empty into field "TabField"
end openStack

I have two palettes, each one uses a different font.

Palette1 - buttons use this code:

on mouseUp
    put "A" after field "TabField" of stack "UkeTab"
end mouseUp

Palette2 - scrolling list and insert button. Button uses this code:

on mouseUp
    global chord
    put value(the selectedLine of fld "ChordList") into chord
    placechord
end mouseUp

on placechord
    global chord
    if chord is "A" then
    put "A" after field "TabField" of stack "UkeTab"
end placechord

What I'm trying to do is mix font styles in the mainstack field when I do
the mouseUp from each Palette. I experimented with different code, but can't
get the inserted characters to display in the proper font.

[set text font of "A" to "ukefont"]  -- when I click a button on Palette1
[set textfont of "A" to "ukechord"]  -- which I click Insert button on
Palette2

Thanks for any help or advise you have.