Revolution as a good name for programming software?

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Tue Aug 15 11:10:38 EDT 2006

You have a very good point. Java is an example of nearly the best possible
name for a programming language. It is a normal word but not such a common
one. It is such a cool name that "JavaScript" took the name too. I think
part of the success of Java was because of the name.

But... Isn't it a little to late to change the name of "Revolution"? Or
maybe we could always call it "RunRev" and then at least people could find
it instantly in a google search. It's not as easy to remember as "Java" but
if you repeat "runtime revolution" as well as "RunRev" people should
remember it.

On 8/15/06 10:19 AM, "Peter T. Evensen" <pevensen at siboneylg.com> wrote:

> I hesitate to bring this up, but one problem with "Revolution" is the
> name.  It is a unsearchable name.  Image this guy going and Googling
> "Revolution."  Will the RunRev site come up?  It's the 6th link when I do
> it, and it comes up after "Revolution Software" which sounds like what one
> would want.
>
> Frankly I'm impressed the RunRev site appears 6th.
>
> The problem is "Revolution" is a normal word.  Other names, like
> "ReadBasic," are more unique, and will always take you to where you want to
> go.
>
> At 10:45 PM 8/14/2006, you wrote:
>> I said  "Revolution"  He said "Hmm never heard of Revolution. Oops gotta
>> go... I'm up next...."
>>
>> I don't think I should  to have said "coded  in transcipt" at that moment.
>>

>> Sivakatirswami
>>

> Peter T. Evensen
> http://www.PetersRoadToHealth.com
> 314-629-5248 or 888-682-4588