Shells - non-blocking?

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Mon Aug 14 04:48:26 EDT 2006

---
Brian Yennie
Chief Technology Officer
QLD Learning, LLC
(310)-367-7364

You might try something like:

get shell("mylongcommand > output.txt &")

This should redirect the output to a file and return immediately.
It's not as clean as triggering a "done" message with new syntax
would be, but it may be workable. You might try searching the
archives - I seem to recall discussing this one many moons ago...

HTH,
Brian