Character length limit in fields - Part Duex!

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Aug 11 21:11:53 EDT 2006

On Aug 11, 2006, at 5:54 PM, Garrett Hylltun wrote:

> I am using "Lucida Grande Typewriter" as the font at size "12"

> I'm trying to make a simple text editor that uses monospaced only
> fonts, with a character grid/guide so I know at what character
> position I am at when typing text.

I suspect that the pixel width limit is much less than it was or I
misunderstood what the pixel limit was.  And/or there may be a
separate limit on the scroll.  I suspect there are arithmetic errors
from overflows.

I tried 12 point courier.  That is 7 points wide so I thought I
should be able to put 4570 characters on the line (assuming 32000
pixel limit).  Boy did that go goofy.  The line was cut off and the
scroll went way beyond the end of the line.

I was only able to put in about 3700 characters in the first line and
scroll right.

The formatted width was messed up, so you might want to go to much less.

Gotta go.

Dar Scott