OT: Is there a more English-like Programming language thanTranscript?

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Fri Aug 11 16:46:58 EDT 2006

Yes - I prefer Transcript as a term.

I am surprised there is not more on this issue - it seems dead on the
internet. Plain english programming.

I find it one of the main reasons I still use Rev - and since the great work
Jerry has done with Constellation - now Galaxy - well it really hits you in
the face. Programming in Rev is like reading Hypertext - read the code -
click on terms or functions you don't understand - get explanations - hit
tab to auto-fill in the rest of the code and search for terms that "sound
like" the first few characters you type - jump around the code hierarchy as
you click from one programming term to another - it really is like reading
and writing on the web - just faster and better.

It should be more like this - there has not been a technical reason why this
is not done for ages now? The integration should be stronger. The hypertext
like links should extend to fetch code and explanations from the web. The
documentation should be like Wikipedia - collaborativley expanded - so
should the code base - and all within the Script Editor.

Reading and writing code then really becomes like reading and writing text
on the web.

NB - whats the latest on the Rev Wiki discussion - I know there is a forum -
but I see little advantage in that from my point of view - Marielle whats
the latest on your project?