SuperCard Project to Rev

John Baxter mandozine at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 05:22:52 EDT 2006

Thanks Mark,
I've decided to work thru a simple project, rather than try to convert all
my SuperCard code . This way I can take it slow and learn as I go, and then
mainstack with one field and an "Open Palette" button. I have created a
substack with three buttons. My goal is to have each button insert a
different font into the same field. So far I can do the following:

1) Create a palette from the "Open Palette" button
2) Insert a character into the maincard field from the palette buttons.

Here's the code:

on mouseUp
    set the textfont of field "TabField" of stack "TabCard" to "GuitarTab"
    set the textsize of field "TabField" of stack "TabCard" to "48"
    set the textfheight of field "TabField" of stack "TabCard" to "48"
    put "R" into field "TabField" of stack "TabCard"
end mouseUp

What I can't do is insert a string of characters. Button 1 inserts a
character, but Button 2 replaced that character, rather than adding it after
the first character. I haven't tested for multiple fonts, since I can only
insert one character at a time. It's a start, but I need help getting to my
goal of inserting a string of characters by multiple clicks on the buttons,
and multiple fonts. I won't be mixing fonts on the same line.

John