OT: Is there a more English-like Programming language than Transcript?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Aug 10 20:03:49 EDT 2006

Dan Shafer wrote:
> And, to answer your opening question, Runtime Revolution is trying hard to
> get us to call the language Revolution. I'm resisting and I suspect lots of
> other folks are as well. I consider that a silly and ill-advised terminology
> change. But in their official literature, it's now Revolution which you
> program in...er...Revolution.

I'm not sure even that's the case:  because the change is to a word
already used to mean something else, every instance of "Transcript"
throughout the documentation must be read carefully to make sure it's
clear.  I doubt that expensive undertaking has been completed.

In the meantime, Wikipedia, Open Directory, and hundreds of web pages
still use "Transcript" so at most the words are interchangeable, at
least until the proposed name change retreats in favor of things that
actually need to get done.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal