Best way to have images in scrolling field?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Aug 9 18:40:46 EDT 2006

On Aug 9, 2006, at 3:26 PM, RGould8 at aol.com wrote:

> 4)   Dynamically create graphic objects and text objects, and group
> them via
> code as they are drawn and put a scrollbar on the group.   I really
> don't want
> to go that route.

Why dynamic?  Are you hitting the 32,000 pixel limit?

Here is a cool tip.  Well, I like it.  Double group.  Set size and
lock location on the inner group and then put the scroll on the
outer.  Get rid of margins as you need.  Now you have a fixed size
group that you can move around.

Maybe you can put programmatically create and position fields and
images into that inner group.  Watching out for 32,000.  I'm not sure
what to compare.  I'd compare both top and bottom to the range
-32,000 to +32,000 as a first guess.

Dar Scott