Problems using Send and Functions with 2 parameters

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Aug 9 15:48:18 EDT 2006

Hmmm,

Since Shao's mention of the value function received no response, I'd thought
I'd reiterate the obvious. From the Docs:

<quote>
How do I call a custom function that's not in the message path?

You use the value function to call a function that's in the script of an
object that isn't in the message path. Usually, you can only call custom
functions that are somewhere in the message path, but you can use the value
function to call any function in any object in an open stack.

For example, suppose you want to use a function named "myFunction" which is
defined in the script of card 1 of a stack named "My Stack". The following
statement can be used to call the function from any script or from the
message box:

  get value("myFunction()",card 1 of stack "My Stack")

<end of quote>