[ANN] altAnswerDate wrapper for Sean Shao's calendar

Peter Brigham pmbrig at comcast.net
Wed Aug 9 10:24:57 EDT 2006

I'd love to use the altAnswerDate() function in one of my stacks, but
I can't figure out exactly how to do this. I made both
altAnswerDateHarness and calendarWidget100 substacks of my main
stack. then I tried:

put "2006" into pYear
put "8 into pMonth
put "9" into pDate
start using stack "altAnswerDateHarness" -- do I need this?
-- doesn't work with or without it
put altAnswerDate(pYear,pMonth,pDate)

in the multiline message box, but it returns an error:

Message execution error:
Error description: Handler: can't find handler

What is going wrong here? I'd like to just have the little modal
calendar show, then return the selected date to one of my handlers,
without showing either the full altAnswerDateHarness or
calendarWidget100 windows. So how do I do that? Obviously, I'm
missing something obvious....

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig/

~+~+~+~
PROGRAM, n. A spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn one's
input into error messages.
~+~+~+~